About Roy Hunter
Roy Hunter is the published author of several books that are highly praised by professionals; and he is an experienced trainer with a strong background in sales.
In addition to teaching professional hypnosis and advanced techniques to professionals around the world, he teaches self-hypnosis to groups and clients for personal or professional motivation. Roy’s presentations include numerous workshops both in the USA and abroad, for groups and business as well as for international hypnosis conventions. Besides selling self-help since 1983, his sales experience includes insurance as well as various in-store products. His hypnosis text, The Art of Hypnosis (3rd Edition, Crown House Publishing, 2010), is required reading at many schools of hypnosis around the world. The professional hypnosis training course he wrote and developed is currently taught by other instructors. Roy was inducted into the International Hypnosis Hall of Fame in April of 2000 for his written contributions to the field of hypnotherapy.
His parts therapy text, Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution: Introducing Parts Therapy (Crown House Publishing, 2005), has received raving reviews. His regression text, co-authored by Bruce Eimer, PhD, is already considered a classic. It is entitled The Art of Hypnotic Regression Therapy: A Clinical Guide (Crown House Publishing, 2012). Bruce and Roy are collaborating on another book about taming chronic pain.
Roy's book, The Art of Spiritual Hypnosis (2016, Blooming Twig Publishing), includes contributions by over two dozen respected hypnosis professionals from around the world. He is currently working on Book Two of the spiritual hypnosis series. Book 2 of that series includes case studies written by additional professionals.
Roy's numerous professional awards:
* 1988 Special Recognition Award, Hypnotist Educational Council International
* 1990 "Voice of the Year," International Hypnosis Hall of Fame
* 1991 Outstanding Service Award, National Guild of Hypnotists
* 1990-1993 Chapter Founding President Award, Pacific Northwest Chapter of N.G.H.
* 1993 Dedication Award, International Hypnosis Hall of Fame
* 1994 Service Award, International Hypnosis Hall of Fame
* 1995 Outstanding Service Award, International Hypnosis Hall of Fame
* 1996 Thomas A. Raffa Memorial Award for Outstanding Professional Achievements and Pursuit of Excellence in the profession
* 1998 Teamwork Award, International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Assoc.
* 2000 Induction as "Author" into the International Hypnosis Hall of Fame
* 2000 Charles Tebbetts Memorial Award, American Council of Hypnotist Examiners
* 2001 Charles Tebbetts Award, National Guild of Hypnotists
* 2004 Outstanding Clinical Contribution Award, National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
* 2005 “Order of Braid” Award in recognition of a life time of outstanding achievement, dedication and service, NGH
* 2007 Lifetime Achievement Award, National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
* 2009 Best Overall Presenter, New Zealand Hypnotherapy Federation, 16th Conference
* 2009 President's Certificate of Appreciation, New Zealand Hypnotherapy Federation
* 2010 Pen and Quill Award, International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Assoc.
* 2011 Life Fellow Award, International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Assoc.
*2012 Recogognition, Executive Cou8nselling & Training Academy, Singapore
* 2013 Life Diplomate Award, International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Assoc.
*2015 Pen and Quill Award, International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Assoc .
*2016 Diplomate, Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
*2016 Special Award for Services to the Hypnotherapy Profession, HypnoSense Live
*2016 Outstanding Contribution to Hypnotherapy, National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
*2017 Recognition, APHCH IV Jordanas Internacional Cionais de HIPNOANALISE, Portugal
*2021 Distinguished Service Award, International Association of Counselors & Therapists
Roy's professional experience includes active involvement and/or membership (past or present) with the following professional organizations (listed in alphabetical order):
Associação Portuguesa de Hipnose Clínica E Hipnoanálise (APHCH, Honorary Member)
* Australian Hypnotherapists' Association (Honorary Member)
* American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (Former member for many years)
* Association of Professional Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists (Life Diplomate)
* British National Register of Advanced Hypnotherapists (Honorary Member)
* Council of Clinical Hypnotherapists (Honorary member)
* Hypnotist Educational Council International (former Director; merged with N.G.H. in 1990)
* International Hypnosis Hall of Fame Guild Advisory Board (past President)
* International Medical Dental Hypnotherapy Association (Life Diplomate and Board Member)
* International Society of Professional Hypnosis
* National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy (Advisory Board)
* National Federation of Hypnotists, O.P.E.I.U. Local 104 (Charter member)
* National Society of Clinical Hypnotherapy
* National Guild of Hypnotists (N.G.H.)
* N.G.H., Pacific Northwest Chapter (past-President and Founding Chapter President)
* National Speakers Association (N.S.A.) since 1986
* N.S.A., Pacific Northwest Chapter (former Director)
* Washington Hypnosis Association (past President)
Roy was awarded an honorary doctorate in clinical hypnotherapy (for lifetime achievement) from St. John’s University in 2004 (accredited by a theological accreditating agency, but it was not regionally accredited). Then, in 2009, he was awarded another Ph.D. from Alpha University and California University for life experience, accredition shown at:www.cufce.org/recommendationforcampusadmissions.htm. For more info on either institution, the reader is advised to do his/her own research.
Last update: October 20, 2021